Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Staying Busy!

I am back from California after an overnight delivery.  My mom is now under the care of someone who can look after her needs as she convalesces from old age and a hurt shoulder.  I got to work late in the morning and have not left the office since.  I finally got the bottom of my TO DO list which has since added a couple more tasks.  It never ends.

This coming Sabbath I am preaching at the Mesa Palms SDA Church in the City of Mesa.  I am preaching on the Book of Ephesians, with special focus on Chapter 2.  I am looking forward to it.  I have not been at the Mesa Palms Church before, at least not on a Sabbath.

 Tonight I will work out for the first time in about three weeks.  I was very disappointed not to have participated in the Mud Madness Triathlon this past Sunday.  I had to man a Tax Credit booth all day.  At least I had some shade.  Penny treated me to samples of food from all over the parking lot.  I repeatedly asked for a Mexican Torta.  Lots of people kept raving about it all day.  She chose to feed me other good things.  When I finally insisted she bring me one, she went and was told they had sold out!  Very disappointing….

The day was not hot, but the sun was pretty intense.  I didn’t even get a chance to see the people maneuver their way through the mud section of the race.  This year there was a mud section under some netting, followed by the grand finale mud pit with accompanying mountain of mud in the middle of the finish line pit.  I missed it all!  I will blame it on the stubborn and uninvited cold that refuses to leave the all-too-inviting comforts of my aging system.

By the way, I know it’s been a long time since any comments have been posted on my blog site.  This in no way means that comments are not accepted.  In fact I do receive regular comments from an anonymous commenter that are a regular staple in the catacombs of my blog site.  Since there was a time when the comments (and my accompanying responses) got a bit dicey for some, the comments went underground.  I still enjoy reading the comments, regardless of their content.  I save the comments.  So, unless you want your comments to be posted as a condition of submitting them, feel free to send your comments.  I will read them.  Who knows, I may choose to post a memorable comment or two along the way.  Gotta go….

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that Penny chose to feed you good things, as in good for you. I too would have gone for the torta!

    ReplyDelete