Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Recap

Yesterday took me to the city of Tucson, Arizona, for some teacher observations and document deliveries to both schools.  While visiting the Saguaro Hills School for the second time this week I was treated to a children-led program on Thanksgiving.  The children did a great job.  The program gave me a living example of the impact Adventist Education has on young lives.  They spoke unprompted of their love for God and God’s love for them.  They read poetry saturated with spiritual themes.  The y also read creative acrostics immersed in spiritual concepts.  It was great!

I spent the afternoon at the Desert Valley School, also in Tucson.  I enjoyed seeing the lower grades practice their Thanksgiving skit for the following school day.  I did some classroom observations and participated in an evening school board meeting.

Both schools are dealing with similar budgetary and enrollment challenges.  There is a mixture of tempered concern and courage in the face of such challenges.  Seeing the faces of the little ones certainly reminds me why we do what we do!

On a personal note, Penny is scheduled to arrive later today!  I have to clean up before her arrival (and her white inspection glove).  We are planning to attend the Paradise Valley Church for Sabbath Services.

No comments:

Post a Comment