Monday, November 21, 2011

Shopping Gone WIld!

Day is dying in the west… and it is six o’clock plus in Scottsdale, Arizona.  I am still in the office.  My desk is clear.  My stacks are diminished.  My filing is neatly out of sight in a drawer set aside for just that purpose.  Nothing left to do but blog.  Penny is in town, but I have only seen her for a few minutes.  I heard through the grapevine that there have been sightings of her at The Kierland Commons Mall, The Scottsdale Quarter, and The Fashion Square in Scottsdale….  Note the fact that all of these shopping locations all begin with a “The”, which automatically raises the price by 75%.    Have you ever heard of “The” Salvation Army Store or The Goodwill?  I think not!  I am doomed to work until I turn ninety years of age in order to pay off my revolving credit cards!  Oh well….
I had a great day in the office today.  It is budget time in the conference office.  I enjoyed a somewhat lengthy meeting with the conference treasurer.  With the NAD Teacher’s Convention slated for next summer it was important to make sure we had the funds in place to assist the teachers in attending this division-wide educational event. 
Thunderbird Academy treated the conference office to a special Thanksgiving lunch in the school cafeteria.  It helped balance out the heavy morning outlay of personal funds and the even heavier financial bleeding yet to come in the afternoon.  It was great.  Penny and I got to sit down for a few minutes.  This was followed almost immediately by a Pie Feast provided by the Communications Office of the Conference.  They had planned the event prior to the invitation by the Academy, so we made the best of it and ate a lot of pie—mainly pumpkin and pecan.  Phil even located some pre-existing Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake in the freezer, which the group attacked with zeal.
Somewhere in the midst of that we actually got some work done.  Letters followed other letters.  A new phone call was placed immediately at the end of a previous phone call.  New emails were sent while other emails were requited with an appropriate response.  This bodes well for the days after Thanksgiving is over.  No boring days lie ahead.  No siree!  If only I can survive Fashion Square!

1 comment:

  1. As to the first paragraph.......I can only say that I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete