Thursday, July 29, 2010

Of Greyhounds and Clubs

The desertion continues. Arizona has suffered a major setback to its immigration plans. I am safe...for the time being. The reality of the challenges facing the Adventist educational system is coming into focus as every day passes. I will share more on that at some future entry.
The pace of life has picked up as have the administrative interruptions, the technical glitches; the meetings...yes the meetings. It seems there is a direct link between administration and meetings. That might seem obvious to you, but it is quite a revelation to me how many meetings there are to attend! There are the obvious, and often unscheduled, meetings with people who cross your path. It's a necessary part of what an administrator must do to remain connected. I like that part. People are why I do what I do.
Then there are administrative meetings, i.e., personnel, school boards, education board, and the like. I am sure there will be more meetings that someone will decide I need to attend or risk destroying the fiber of the space continuum. I am not quite sure I enjoy this part yet. That may change when I become more immersed in system-- wow, to hear those words come out of my mouth is more than a bit unsettling.
And if that were not enough, there are the out of office meetings. There was the convention in Vegas, Campmeeting and Hispanic Campmeeting in Prescott, and a retreat in Sedona...and I've only been here for three weeks! Throw in moving out from Riverside, moving in to Scottsdale, a wedding, a sermon, and a couple visits with the family, it's a wonder I get anything done.
I've gone too long. I'll have to wait to tell you about greyhounds and clubs....oh yeah, and about being a deserter.

No comments:

Post a Comment