Tuesday, July 20, 2010

CDI: Las Vegas

How does a suite in a five star hotel on the Strip in Las Vegas not have Internet? The answer is it does, but not a room on the back side of the Riviera Hotel, built circa 1950...B.C., which is where Penny and are staying during the Differentiated Instruction Convention being held at the Riviera. I have learned through sources, which are probably suspect, that the room rates have gone from 20 dollars a night to 99 dollars a night for this convention. I believe the administrators of the conference are staying elsewhere. At least the air conditioner runs, the jury is still out after two days if it really works all the time. The room fluctuates between 95 degrees (Penny loves it!) and 78 degrees (I doubt it can go any cooler).
Penny and I had dinner with a group of teachers from the Arizona Conference. Three were from Thunderbird Christian Elementary School and the other two were from the Holbrook Indian School. Let's see, their names are(I'm trying to learn all the teacher's names as soon as possible) Paula (Principal TCE), Sarai (TCE K-1 Teacher), Karen (TCE 3-2 Teacher), Shannon (Holbrook Registrar and Spanish Teacher) and Brenda (Holbrook 1-4 Teacher). Shannon is expecting a child in early August, so she is slightly showing. She claims three children have been conceived in the last three years in the 2-bedroom trailer from where her husband and her she just moved. Two were theirs. The third was the couple who moved out to let them move in. I would be careful if the school offered that trailer to me...
I better end this entry and send it off before my Internet shuts off again...

No comments:

Post a Comment