Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Most Definitely

For those who have been following this blog over the vast expanse of time since the first blog appeared yesterday, please note the main header for the blog has changed. The initial header, Memoirs from the Desert, was submitted prematurely and under great duress from my cyber-genius and computer-savvy son-in-law Jeff, who was creating the template for this blog under the watchful eye and demanding demeanor of my daughter Amanda in whose fertile mind this blog was born. She found it easy to suggest I write random thoughts about my new life in Arizona-- pretty boring stuff, if you ask me, but since she is not writing it, the task seemed like a great idea. So here I am late at night trying to honor my word to write something every day I have Internet access at my disposal.
Oh yes, about the new header...My Life as a Deserter. "Why such an odd header?" you ask. "Are you really a deserter?" Well, in not so many words-- yes. "Oh, so is this blog a cathartic treatise meant to exorcise the demons of some secret Vietnam War life?" is your follow-up query. Hardly! "So, what's up?” You demand. Well, honestly, it's just a cheap attempt to draw people in to read the blog-- I mean people other than family members (who have yet to sign in). My Life as a Deserter just sounded more interesting and less pompous than Memoirs from the Desert, a title more suited to the exploits of some oil sheik in Qatar, or Kuwait, or some other emirate, it doesn't really matter. Never mind....
"Oh," you protest, "so it's false advertising intended to elicit a sort of post-traumatic faux-blog syndrome by some unsuspecting victim?" Never, I am a deserter- twice over to be quite honest. I would never stoop so low as to claim I was something or someone without evidence to the verity of such statement. You'll just have to sign on tomorrow to understand my rationale.

No comments:

Post a Comment