Monday, September 17, 2012

Scheduled at Last!

Well, another full day!  Week of Prayer began today at TCE, where Penny and I are “principal-ing” together.  RP, the TAA chaplain is providing the messages every morning until Thursday—and then I take over.  He did a great job today introducing his theme for the week.  By the time the service was over and I got to the conference office it was after 10:00 a.m.  I still caught the tail end of the office worship time.


I finally had to put together an hour by hour schedule in in an attempt to compartmentalize my day better.  It takes me from 5:00 a.m. to midnight.  I find myself falling further and further behind in one area or another.  Today ended up being a very productive day.  Tomorrow will be the first real test since I will have a whole day to see how the schedule develops.

We had a great school board at TCE tonight.  Not only did the board approve an aide for our 1st & 2nd grade class, they also approved a new secure gate for the main entrance to the school, not to mention the purchase of the Pathways program for the lower grades.  It was surprising to discover that the teacher has been working with an incomplete reading curriculum.  She will be delighted to know the board supports her.

One of the refreshing things to see on the board is how well they get along.  I had not seen that ability to work together since I arrived on the board two years ago.  We laugh regularly and do not seem to mind the fact that we do not always agree.  Our common goal is to make TCE a better place to teach children about God and the joy of learning at His feet.  I better call it a day.  (229.8)

No comments:

Post a Comment