Friday, September 14, 2012

Busy-ness Continues

Today was my brother Art’s birthday.  It brings closure to the weeklong parade of brother birthdays.  They begin on September 8, followed by September 11, and closing with September 13.  Three brothers born one year after the other within a week of each other’s birthdays.  I usually forget to call them, but this years I actually remembered and more surprisingly I called all of them to wish them a happy birthday.

Today was a good day.  The day began as usual on the campus of TCE.  I greeted parents at the entrance of the school.  I am discovering that a lot of kids have still not figured out exactly what role I play on that campus.  I even had a parent tell me today that her daughter is frightened by the “man that blocks the entrance to the school.”  We laughed about that…sort of.

Penny and I had a conversation of considerable length and depth with a parent who felt inclined to share specific concerns about the school.  We ended on a very positive note and I sense she felt listened to and affirmed.  She raised some important points and identified areas that need attention.

I met with the event coordinators of the Doubletree Resort in Scottsdale regarding a potential Family Ministries event next year during Labor Day.  It was a pleasant meeting and the locale seems very nice as a site for next year’s Spanish Couples’ Retreat which we held this year at the Downtown Phoenix Westin.  It seems promising but we will be considering other options.

This was followed by a spaghetti lunch at TCE with Penny.  The spaghetti was forgettable—but then most spaghetti is forgettable to me.  But I enjoyed the company…

The afternoon was spent mainly at the Glendale school visiting the classrooms and talking to the teachers.  I squeezed a trip back to TCE to finish the minutes for next week’s school board, and then raced back to GAA for their evening school board meeting.

I ended up heading back to TCE to finish some last minute documents for next week’s meetings; I then took Penny home.  There does not seem to be any slowing down any time soon—but at least I am enjoying what I am doing.  Penny’s out like a light.  Time to join her in dreamland!  (230.8)

No comments:

Post a Comment