Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mid-Week Motoring

One moment it’s Monday, and before you know it, it’s   Wednesday!     Today found me in Cottonwood and Prescott for some short school visits.  I got to meet one of the three Donnas at the Verde Valley School who is not the teacher.  She regularly volunteers at the school and seems to be enjoying her work.  She was alone at the school since the students (and teacher) we off enjoying some swimming lessons at the local pool.  Nice!

The Prescott School was humming along with their new technology-driven classrooms.  I know it is not as easy as it seems, but it certainly was a treat to see children immersed in enquiry-based education.  Technology is truly a tool that needs to be utilized to its fullest to assist teachers in small schools become less stretched while still providing and solid educational experience for their students.  The teacher confessed that bringing the students to the point they are presently was no easy task.  But the culture of the classroom was one of independence combined with cooperative learning.  The teacher becomes the facilitator to help student discover the joy of personal discovery in a classroom.

 I rushed back to the office for two meetings, one that materialized and the other that did not.  In the end it was a good day.  As a side note to my anonymous friend:  my blog of last Tuesday the 18th was not intended to be a condemnation of other people’s drama, rather a critique of my own reaction to my perception.  I was the one with egg on my face.  I was creating my own drama!  How sad for me.  In any case keep praying for me since my life has enough drama without my adding more.  Thank you for your comments—keep them coming.  (227.4)

No comments:

Post a Comment