Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sari About the Indian Food (or Not an Italian Funghi)

I am back in Scottsdale today after the Fall Education Council in Ontario, California. It was mind-numbing. The networking and friendships are great. On the other hand I was left wondering if there was a better way of communicating these reports and distributing this information. I am sure we need to know some of this information for some reason, I just haven’t found out why that is the place. I would rather spend more time in breakout meetings that are focused and dedicating time to discussion particular issues that require careful thought and corporate effort to resolve. The breakouts were helpful, albeit somewhat depressing at times, for example, the Legal Implications breakout. I was left feeling that we are destined to shut down any and all activities that are related to school, if we are to avoid litigation related to otherwise innocuous school activities. It is a sad day with no apparent solution in place or in the pipeline. I am back in Arizona where I hope to continue the steady process of needed change.

On the other hand, I had a great time with my colleagues while in Ontario, particularly my Arizona friends. It was nice to share a couple of meals with them during our stay in the Inland Empire. We ate Italian food one lunch and Indian food the second. Those who know me best know how difficult it was for me to choose those two venues. Those seemed to be the restaurant of choice for the groups. But it was the fellowship that mattered. It more than compensated for the adventure outside my culinary comfort zone.

I often wonder if people actually know of my aversion to certain types of foods and purposefully choose those dens of exotic flavors and fanfare when given an opportunity. It’s just that it seems that I find myself frequenting these establishments on a regular basis as part of my employment. I could opt out of these food establishment events, but I fear people will consider me more anti-social than I am presently perceived already.

I had a seven-layer burrito from Taco Bell for lunch today, just to bring back my digestive world back into proper alignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment