Friday, November 19, 2010

The Calm Before the Storm

I am so happy that Sabbath comes around once a week. I wish there could be more Sabbaths than just one a week. In any case, after a week-long stretch of meetings, paperwork, and more meetings, I find myself more than ready for rest.

I had a very significant meeting today with a friend. We met at a restaurant he suggested. It was called Picazzo’s Organic Italian Restaurant...the streak continues! Nonetheless, the content of the conversation was scintillating and quite thrilling as well. We discussed the future of Adventist Education, in Arizona and beyond. We talked about present challenges and failure. We mulled over historical blunders and bonanzas, with a sense of respective sadness for different reasons. Mostly we spoke of vision and ways to make that vision take wings. There is a movement underway on a national level that will bring about some exciting developments that will impact our territory. Bring it on, I say!

I have been talking and writing about change being in the air. I truly believe that change is necessary. I did not imagine change coming in the form that is beginning to take shape. I have become increasingly excited about the possibilities here in Arizona. I am beginning to see why God opened the doors for me to come here. I am seeing energy and creativity bubbling over in specific groups and individuals. I can also see the forces of defeatism, delay and doubt-mongering deploying to derail any efforts to take the risks that radical change requires.

For now, those thoughts are put to rest. I will put my trust and confidence where it belongs. Life is too short to lose sleep over things on which we have no control. The anticipation of the upcoming engagement is a better place in which to invest emotional capital. Things are beginning to line up. The battle lines are becoming clearer. The prize lies ahead even as the clash between opposing forces looms heavy…. On a side note, do you think there will there be Italian food in heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment