Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thursday Tidbits

Busy day is waiting for me when I get to the office.  The president is out of town and he asked me to cover for him at the morning worship at the office.  The fact is that I hardly go to the morning worships at the conference anymore, since I am usually at TCE greeting parents and the children as they arrive for school.  But it will be a treat for me to share some thoughts with my friends at the office.  I do miss being there regularly.

Yesterday Penny and I took a reasonably long trip to Nogales, Arizona to supposedly take care of some SENTRI process I had been working on for the last few months.  As it is, since I had since traded in my previous Prius I could no longer complete the process.  Ironically I couldn’t cancel it either without going into the office.  Homeland Security has made life a lot more difficult for the honest people.  In any case, I am beginning the process all over again.

The conference school system is still in need of a large influx of cash.  Schools are struggling financially.  The tax credit program is not being used to its potential for reasons I cannot truly fathom.  We gave out over $100,000 dollars in scholarships, but the need is so much greater.  It is going to take some divine intervention again.  I have been praying and I am curious to see how God is going to get involved this time. 

By the way, not that it is has anything to do with this blog, but my keyboard is going wacky!  It is jumping around in the middle of my typing without rhyme or reason.  It is very frustrating since I have to keep correcting mistakes that are unnecessary.  I do not know if it is a deterioration of my typing skills or truly a mechanical thing with my computer.  I’ll keep you posted on this important development.
 
Today ended up being a great day.  Worship at the conference office this morning was a hoot.  The details will remain undisclosed, but trust me when I say that it was one of those unforgettable moments.  I had little time to enjoy it since I had to run to the dentist’s office for some needed intervention.  I got away relatively unscathed. 

I got my things together and headed up the hill to the Prescott school.  I had a short but productive day with AL and CL.  They are doing a great job.  The students were engaged in what was taking place in the classroom.  We had a blast playing kick-ball and some crazy tag game which involved a “Paper, Rock, and Scissors” tiebreaking protocol and bedlam.  It was my exercise for the day, but the kids enjoyed seeing the old man run around the gym.

I stayed for an accreditation meeting followed by a school board meeting.  Both were productive and positive.  Lots of good things are in the pipeline at Prescott.  There are challenges, but they seem to have a positive spirit that will go a long was in pressing on.

I got home at a relatively early time.  Penny and I even had the time to sneak off to Costco and get some computer work done when we got home.  It’s Friday tomorrow!  Where did the week go? (218)


No comments:

Post a Comment