Sunday, December 30, 2012

Penultimate Day Contemplation

Only one more day remains of the year 2012.  Penny and I are back from California and Christmas with the family.  It was pretty awesome.  Every day that goes by I miss them more and more.  Being there only reminds me of all that I am missing.  I know that there is much more to do here in Arizona.  That is why I came.  I confess that my resolve is beginning to weaken.  There will be much prayer in the next few weeks and months as I assess what God has in store for me in Arizona and beyond.

I had a great time preaching this past week at AWC.  My sermon title was “Now What!” but it could have just as easily been “Happy Ebenezer Day!”  I am learning to savor every time I stand to preach since I do not know how long I will have the privilege.  Life is fragile and unpredictable.  I have had too many reminders of that reality this year.

Now I have a couple of very busy days ahead before I head out again for the West Coast (actually Central California) where my step-mom still lives.  Our plan is to travel with grandchildren in tow and spend a day or so with her.  She hasn’t seen them for a few months.  It is too easy to get too busy and lose sight of the priorities in life.  Our parents and those who had a part in seeing us through our formative years should not be forgotten.

Well, I ate too much during the holidays.  My scale was not happy when I returned to Scottsdale.  I am in recovery…but, alas, I am returning to the land of endless invitations to eat heartily and drink deeply.  I see plenty of “green juice” in my future, upon my return from the holidays!  (217.8

No comments:

Post a Comment