Thursday, December 13, 2012

No Time to Rest...Yet

Thursday is over.  I spent the lion’s share of the day at GAA doing some teacher observations and dealing with some matters that needed special attention.  I had an opportunity to sit through a portion of the rehearsal for the Christmas program scheduled for next week.  GAA’s music program is incredible and the students work hard to create an amazing concert.  It was sight to behold!

I did not have much time to be in the office.  I was there long enough to get some documents signed and some Christmas cards completed before I had to head home to get ready for the evening.  It was the AZ Conference Christmas Dinner.  It is always a fun night, although it was close to 10 o’clock when we ended the evening at the office.  We still had more work waiting for us at home.

The evening was complicated unnecessarily due to a typical male behavioral pattern.  I apparently failed to make note of the dress code for the evening and proudly accompanied Penny to the evening festivities all gussied up only to discover upon arriving at the office that no one else was dressed up for the evening.

Penny had to run home and change, but the evening had already gotten off on the wrong foot.  At least she came back to the party, but the evening was quite cold for a considerable spell thereafter.  The Quartet sang a few songs.  The office staff sang some Christmas carols.  There were some readings and some humorous moments.  The food was quite delicious although I did not eat as much as I would have wanted since I was going to sing.

The White Elephant gift exchange went on forever, but it was very entertaining.  The items most in demand were some electronic picture frame and a large can of Big Franks--- go figure.  I ended up with a wind-up radio and a can opener!  It will be a late night followed by an early morning leading to a full weekend and a busy next week leading into the holidays!  Aaargh!  (217)

No comments:

Post a Comment