Monday, January 30, 2012

Bad Hair Week...at the Least

This was a busy weekend, complete with two late night/early morning interstate trips sandwiched between taking Penny to the ER and getting talked into a very bad haircut by my mother.

The Penny Scare was a false alarm.  It ended up being a possible carpal tunnel flare up instead of the feared heart attack.  No permanent damage was done.  On the other hand, my haircut will take a while to heal itself.  I have been on the receiving side of plenty of comments from “It’s not so bad” to “It makes you look thinner.”  Both are not true, but they were futile attempts to soften the reality that I look like a middle aged washed up Marine.  To top it all off I am in charge of the office devotional in the morning so there is no hiding.  So what does a preacher do when he gets a bad haircut?  Of course, he makes an object lesson out of it.  As a result my theme for the week is “Choices: The Good and the Bad of It.”

I have a rare week of no significant travel.  Red Rock is within a half an hour from the office.  I went there today.  The planned visits to Maricopa Village and Sacaton (sp.) later in the week were unexpectedly postponed by the Tribal agencies.  The good news is that they want to meet, but in a more formal manner. 

Penny and I have finally gotten into the habit of connecting via “Face Time” on our respective Apple machines.  It is kind of nice—not quite being there, but better than just calling on the phone.  We even have our “Evening Watch” to close the day.  We are going through the book by Dwight Nelson titled “The Chosen.”  I’m enjoying the book quite a bit.  Gotta go, Penny should be calling any minute. Good night. (227.2)

No comments:

Post a Comment