Saturday, January 7, 2012

Friday Travels

Today brought an unexpected travel day for Penny, my mom, and me.  I received notice a couple of days ago that my stepmom returned from the Philippines with a serious bout of pneumonia.  She is quite advanced in age so she was admitted into the hospital for a couple of days.  Although she is home, my children wanted to go see her.

My mom stayed back in Riverside, but the rest of the Escalante Clan hit the road after the work day and traveled up north to Clovis, California.  It was a long travel day since it came at the heels of the Arizona to California trip.  I am dead tired and ready for some sleep.

My vow of silence remains intact and I have dropped a couple pounds to boot.  It’s been a good week on that front.  Sabbath will be a great day.  I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment