Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Night at the Office

Another Monday is in the books. Two school boards today. A possible crisis begins to loom on the horizon. A major crisis is averted for the time being. Positive news from Thunderbird Academy is tempered by the realities that lay ahead. Sobering news are received from families going through major health challenges that appear to be progressing towards what appears to be the inevitable end. Good conversations are enjoyed with teachers and principals. Unexpected encounters take place with people who went to the same boarding school I attended when I was young.
At the end of the day I find myself in the office at 9:30 p.m. trying to catch up on the work I did not get done during the day. Is this the way my days will be more often than not? Is this the price I pay for the moments when a decision made makes a difference; when a sermon preached touches a heart; when a need is met or a solution is found. In the midst of the mundane of the day-- I receive a reminder that the work is not mine, nor are the results dependent on my abilities.
This is God's work. I am only a seed-planter for the owner of the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment