Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rainy Days and Tuesdays

My desertion continues. At least my grandkids are not mimicking my sons' reprise of last month, "You've ruined everything!" They meant well...I think. Here I am, still in the Arizona desert, albeit on a rainy Tuesday evening.
Today Penny was too tired to Skype after my late departure from the TAA school board meeting. They are down 20 dorm students. Of little comfort that other boarding academies are faring worse-- the fact is that there is need for immediate intervention and serious measures to salvage the well-being of the school and avoid severe cuts in the program.
I am even more tired than I was when I left the board meeting. I ran 2 miles today. This is a major accomplishment since I have not been able to find the time to regularly run. I must be a sight to the young kids around campus. I wear dark shorts and a bright orange shirt. I must appear like a low-flying blimp or a circus bear running away from his handlers. I don't really care tonight. Even the warm summer rain falling on my head did not dissipate my exhaustion from the running or my gloomy spirit from my Skype-less evening. Oh well, there is tomorrow.
I begin a mini-week of prayer tomorrow at TAA. I still get more than a bit uneasy after all these years when I am about to begin a Week of Prayer at a new church or academy. I will have to trust that God will intervene (as with Balaam's donkey) and work a miracle as HE has many times before.
Spread the word... pray for Thunderbird! While you're at it, pray for all the church schools scheduled to open or that are already open. There are challenges everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment