Thursday, August 19, 2010

Heart Ache in Tucson

The thermometer reached 110 degrees (dry heat) today in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona. I escaped the heat. I drove to Tucson for a school board meeting. It was only 102 degrees (with humidity). Oh, well. I'll be back on Thursday for another board meeting in the other school on the north side of town,
I began an unexpected Week of Prayer at Thunderbird Academy. Yes, it was Wednesday. That's right. Weeks of Prayer begin on Wednesday here at Thunderbird. It's Week of Prayer Light, I guess. The story behind such a scenario is that they couldn't get pastors to come for an entire week, so they had to shorten it to accommodate the pastors' crowded schedules. We know about the pastors' crowded schedules! No comment...(although I sense the previous sentence qualifies as a comment...).
I had some extra time after my arrival in Tucson (I left early to beat the afternoon traffic out of Phoenix). I stopped and ate at The Cracker Barrel. I had heard good things about the food at The Cracker Barrel. I ordered the biggest thing on their menu. I felt my arteries hardening with every spoonful. It was a heart attack on a plate! It was dripping with melted cholesterol. Sadly, it wasn't that good. I survived, but I will not likely ever go back.
My heart aches for Penny. On the other hand, it may just be Cracker Barrel working its way through my system. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment