Friday, February 22, 2013

Long Week Ended

Today is Friday.  Sabbath is but a couple hours away.   I need rest.  It has been a hectic month with demands inside and outside the confines of the Arizona Conference.

This week is the first week all month that I have been able to be physically in the office for the entire week, yet even that is a relative term with my visits to the schools across the state.  Education Day/Superintendents’ Council/Educational Leadership Committee at Angwin, California led off the month.  That was followed by the One Project gathering in Chicago—a wonderful experience with time to dream and think outside the box without losing sight of the Prize, which is Jesus.  I was here this week, but after tomorrow I will be gone for the lion’s share of the next two weeks at K-12 Curriculum Committee in Ontario, California followed by a WASC accreditation Visiting Committee, which I am chairing, at San Fernando Valley Academy, in Northridge, California.

In the midst of that there were multiple school boards and personnel committees.  There were church boards and preaching opportunities. And of course there were TCE demands and Director of Family Ministries commitments.  Believe it or not, I am still married, which is a 24/7 experience….  One would think I have just had a genuine “pity party”, but I’m not.  I loved every minute of it, but it has stretched me close to the limit.  At least I am not bored as the days move towards my ultimate departure from the Arizona Conference.

Personnel time is always a time to adjust and transition.  It is not always easy, but it is necessary.  Such is the case in the Arizona Conference.  There are people leaving, transitioning, scaling back, considering options, moving, and remaining.   What the conference will look like when the proverbial dust settles is not visible as of today.  We will press on.

 I am preaching at AWC tomorrow.  I am looking forward to it.  My sermon title is “God is Up to No Good!”  It is based on the story and peculiar prayer of Jonah.  I am looking forward to it.  I need rest before I begin.  This week has taken a lot out of me.  I have had some tough conversations in various settings.  God knows why he brought me here.  I will remain at my post until he calls me away. (225)

No comments:

Post a Comment