Saturday, February 2, 2013

Late Saturday Lines

It’s early Sunday morning—Super Bowl Sunday.  I will most likely miss the game since I will be traveling later this afternoon to Oakland, California in route to PUC for Education Days.  Penny will be traveling with me, so that will make the trip more pleasant.

It was a great Sabbath day at AWC.  I will miss the people there when I’m gone.  They really are a nice bunch of people who generally like being with each other.  Services are pretty informal and laid back, but the substance is solid.  Pastor B preached today as part of a Prayer Sermon Series.  He spoke on the power and need of intercessory prayer in the context of the great controversy taking place between God and Satan.  The message was powerful and his delivery was passionate, as usual.

Penny and I enjoyed a simple lunch together and then rested all afternoon.  We took a walk in the evening after going on an errand to Wal-Mart.  We had a great talk during our walk and enjoyed a relaxing evening.  These days are rare, but precious.  Good night! (220)

No comments:

Post a Comment