Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday Afterthoughts

Much has transpired since my last entry.  I celebrated my 32nd anniversary last Friday, the 23rd.  It was a great weekend.  As is our tradition, we visited the Los Angeles County Fair in Pomona, California.  It is amazing how blessed I am to have a wife like Penny.  It is not ideal to be living in two states, but is it where we are right now—in two different states.

This is a new experience for us, and we are still adjusting.  I hope we never truly adjust since that means we would get used to being without each other.  I miss her more that I admit readily…of course, since I am including it in this blog, she is likely to come to the knowledge of such a happening.  In any case, life goes on.  There is plenty to keep me occupied here in Arizona.  Since the new principal for TAA is in place things have definitely changed.

There is still more than enough work to keep me busy most of the day and part of the night.  And if that is not enough, my mom is back with me, with all the nuances that entails.  She enjoys living with me with the exception that she would want me to stay home every day and talk to her.  I have discovered that computers and my mom apparently do not coexist.  As she describes it, the moment I leave the room the computer, any computer she has in her general vicinity, ceases to work.  Interestingly enough, as soon as I come home and touch given machines, they immediately begin to work again.  She says it’s the devil not wanting her to listen to MAS TV (in Spanish).

My two weekend hiatus from preaching ends this weekend as I am slated to preach at the Desert Valley SDA Church in Tucson this coming Sabbath.  My sermon title is “The Elect.”  Given that constituency is on Sunday, I thought it might be appropriate to preach on our election in the spiritual sense.

I am feeling more than a bit unsettled.  I can’t seem to catch up with the tasks that need to be completed.  I am constantly distracted and interrupted by causes that call for immediate attention, even if in fact they are not critical.  On the bright side I have begun getting back into a regular schedule—particularly as it pertains to my diet and exercise.  I was feeling more than a bit plump.  Mundane activities were taxing me more than they should have.  The bottom line is that I am truly too frugal to want to buy new clothes to adjust to my new-found girth.  So I am eating better, in spite of my mom’s commitment to deter me with all sorts of home-made meals that I must avoid as much as possible.  Heart-attack on a plate!  Mexican multiple-fried, cheese embellished, culinary infarction delicacies calling my name in Spanish!   

Thought for the day: God is good!  Me?  Not so much!  Not close, in fact!  But that just make His goodness even better!  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment