Monday, September 19, 2011

Memorable Sunday in September

Sunday provided plenty of memorable moments-- so many that I forgot that it was the day Nominating Committee was meeting back in Arizona to decide on the slate of Conference Office Administration and Departmental Directors to recommend to the Conference Constituency on October 2. I was swimming with my grandchildren when I got a call reminding me of the happenings and informing me of the decisions being made.

In the morning I officiated a wedding ceremony for a long-time friend of the family. By a long-time friend I mean a long-time friend, like since childhood days in Redlands! The gathering was small and private, but many of the people there were reminders of a time long lost. I knew some of them, obviously the person getting married, but the strange thing Was to have so many of the others remember me as a very small child. It was a very strange feeling. The time spent was memorable.

The afternoon provided me an opportunity to be with Elyse and Ruben, my grandchildren. We spent quite a portion of the afternoon in their pool making up all sorts of games involving water and excitement. It was wonderful! I am blessed beyond measure. I will stay until Monday morning in order to secure the marriage documents and then travel back to Scottsdale with my mom "riding shotgun."

No comments:

Post a Comment