Friday, November 16, 2012

Trying to Strike a Balance

Friday morning usually finds me in the office at TCE.  It is the day I can spend more time on this campus where Penny and I are providing administrative leadership (we are co-principals).  It’s the last day before Thanksgiving vacation for the students.  They are sharing pies of all kinds with each other—lots of calories floating around here today.  Personally, my day was mainly consumed with minutes, agendas for the TCE board meeting next Monday.  We’re running a little behind this month, but there are important items that need to be discussed.  Monday should be a good meeting.

I will be attending my first choir practice tonight for the AWC Christmas Cantata.  I have a solo part that I have yet to learn, but I’m getting close.  My relationship with AWC has been going through some transitions lately.  I have not been able to attend regularly due to out of town commitments, so it will be nice to be there tonight and get to know the people in a different setting.

Penny and I got back late last night from a two-day tour of the Tucson schools.  There are some very large challenges at one of the schools and some sticky challenges at the other.  It keeps me on my knees (or at least in prayer) a lot more nowadays.  There are some immense financial needs that require a large infusion of funds into some of these schools.  I know the money is out there: tax credit and otherwise.  What is missing is a passion by sufficient people to lead the charge.  There are people who are beginning to step up and ask how they can help, but we need more!

On a personal note, I need a break!  The bare thread is beginning to show and I need to find the “refresh button.”  I will have a couple of days next week to be with family: nuclear and extended.  That will be nice.  But I need more time to regroup and catch up (which is not the same thing!).  In all honesty, I do not know where I am going to find it.  I have drastically scaled back my preaching—even at AWC, but that creates a whole other level of guilt.  I appreciate any prayers you can send up on my behalf.  But I have to find a way to reconnect and renew, while still doing what I need to do without missing a beat (How is that possible!).  And while I try to figure it out, I will cling to the words, “My Grace is sufficient.” Prayers are appreciated. (221.6)

No comments:

Post a Comment