Thursday, October 4, 2012

There and Back

Today took me on a whirlwind trip to Riverside, California for a WASC Chair Training session at the University of California-Riverside.  I will be chairing a WASC accreditation committee this coming spring for San Fernando Academy in California.  The all-day meeting was very helpful, since the process is always being adjusted.

The day began early as our plane left at 6:05 a.m.  Penny got to come with me for only $5.  Southwest Airlines “Companion Fare” is truly a blessing!  In any case, while I was in my meeting she got to go visit family and get some errands done.  We arrived back at home at about 9:30 p.m.

My new schedule is working, but my truncated weeks are keeping me from getting ahead, instead I am just barely keeping up—and by keeping up, I mean keeping up sufficiently to see the front of the line at a distance but my no means is it near.

It was a rough week at TAA.  It is always sad to see young people make misguided decisions that end up impacting their lives and the lives of their families.  Sometimes consequences can be avoided, other times they hit like a ton of bricks and leave a permanent mark.  Let’s keep these young people in our prayers, as well as the rest of the students who remain and who process these events in different ways.  (222.2)

No comments:

Post a Comment