Monday, April 23, 2012

In Need of Retreat


Today was a long day for many reasons.  I began the day early in order to get ahead of the proverbial curve.  Education Board for the conference in scheduled for tomorrow afternoon and there was still a lot to be completed in preparation.  I had already worked for close to two hours before it was time for worship.

I spent an hour after office morning worship talking shop with the conference treasurer.  It was a productive meeting, but I left feeling as if there were some challenging days ahead for the school system.  Funds are tight all around.  The task is formidable but the risk of surrender is worse.

I met with a new colleague in Family Ministries.  She brings a great skill set and lots of great ideas and even more energy.  It was a great meeting.  I sense a lot of things will be happening in the Family Ministries Department.

I had two teleconferences and a meeting at TAA.  It was not an easy meeting.  I need to decompress….

No comments:

Post a Comment