Monday, April 9, 2012

Change is in the Air

The day began with a flurry of paperwork and emails.  I had high hopes for the day.  My work day ended early, but before the day was done I had participated in two personnel committees in two schools that were making some tough choices regarding their futures. 

As those schools go through the process of re-hiring or striking a new direction, other events continue to move forward.  The flight program at TAA is slowly taking shape.  Contracts are being formulated that will concede the actual flight program to AWA (Adventist World Aviation), while the ground school would be the responsibility of the school.  This dichotomy is intended to shield the school from the risks of running a flight program.  AWA is in a much better position to provide the necessary insurance and maintenance for the aircrafts.  In any case, it will be a job for the lawyers to sift through  the contracts and make all parties happy.  It is exciting to think that flight program will return to TAA after an over twenty year absence.

That will be all for today.  My media fast is still going strong.  My weight has inched upward.  I need to get back into my routine.  California is not good for my routine.  (232.8)

No comments:

Post a Comment