Saturday, December 31, 2011

The End of 2011

It is officially the last day of 2011!  It is Sabbath as well.  I usually get quite introspective on the final day of the year.  There is something about the passing of the year and entering the new one that causes me pause. 

The year gone by has certainly provided me experiences that will remain etched in my mind for a lifetime.  I have seen the best in people, as well as a side of people that I had not experienced before in the same way.  Being in the position in which I presently serve has been an education.  This completes my first complete calendar year as Superintendent of Education for the Arizona Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.  I love the fact that I am involved in something significant.  I must confess that I often wonder what God was thinking when He brought me here.  Certainly there are more qualified and seasoned people out there than me!

But here I am doing what I believe God is leading me to do.  Some unexpected things have taken place in the last twelve months.  Getting asked to serve for a five year term is not the least of these amazing things.  The AAF relationship with TAA has developed quite well and has been a boon to the campus.  The elementary system is beginning to experience some of the adjustments needed if we are going to offer an educational experience worthy of the God who commissioned us.

The New Year 2012 will bring its own brand of experiences and its share of trials and challenges.  But I will trust God to continue to do what He promises to do when He calls us to do a task.  I am honored to be part of the plan.  Thank you for sharing in my sojourn in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment