Friday, July 15, 2011

Sabbath, Where are You?

I am in the conference office on a Friday.  The office is closed except for me.  I have been trying to catch up on the pile of work on my desk all week.  I have not succeeded as of yet.  I put a dent on it, but I feel like I am pedaling in place at times.  Now I have two desks with piles of work.

 It has been a productive week at Thunderbird, in spite of my presence.  The cafeteria was in desperate need of repair.  The work will begin on Monday to address some serious plumbing projects.  The TAA Student Center needed to be refurbished.  We have begun the work of preparation.  Lots of cleaning is taking place.  The place is bustling with movement and work.  New teachers are beginning to arrive.  There just does not seem there is enough time to get everything done that need to get done before August 15—the first day of school.

Penny and I are headed to the Show Low Church tomorrow for a preaching commitment.   An early morning awaits both of us.  Sometimes it feels like the earth is spinning out of control and I am just hanging on.  I need Sabbath desperately.  I need to run and hide in the hours God created for me to find rest in Him.  Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment