Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Sunday After


It is Sunday late afternoon.  I just got back from the gym.  I needed the workout after a long day/week/month/year…  The school year is over except for the tying up of loose ends.  The graduates are having a graduation party at the school pool.  It seems to be well attended.  I ended running about 3 ½ miles on the treadmill followed by some crunches before I called it a day.  Not bad, considering I had not been to the gym for a few days/weeks.

Graduation weekend was a very positive experience.  All four graduation speakers, all teachers—past and present, were very positive and poignant.  The students responded well to all of them and their messages were appropriate and engaging.  The music was well put together.  The décor was classy.  The graduates looked delighted to have reached the end of their high-school experience.  There were no visible and enduring signs of the rough times they went through this school year.  It was a delightful weekend.  They made us proud.

The search for leadership for the elementary openings across the conference is taking shape.  It appears there will only be one opening not filled in time for Campmeeting.  Speaking of which, there are still some loose ends to tidy up for campmeeting, and summer camp participation, and the NAD Teachers’ Convention, and, and, and….  The summer will see very little relief from the “to do” list that has been weighing on me for some time.

Well anyway, this is long weekend.  I am not sure if I am happy or disappointed in such a development.  It’s like I need more time, not less.  And this week I will have one less work day—I will be working, but few people will be working in their offices on Monday.  Oh, well.  At least there will not be wholesale changes at TAA this summer.  It will be a time for reassessment and readjustment.  Pray hard. 

Oh, by the way, the fundraising for the 2012 Youth Campmeeting Service Project has raised $4,500 out of the $8,000 dollars needed.  That is a blessing.  On the other hand I have not raised a penny towards the MVCS fund.  I must believe God will still provide.  Plus Tax Credit dollars need to begin flowing….  Pray hard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment