Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hanging In There

I am still sniffling and trying to clear me chest of congestion, but getting there slowly.  Yesterday was a tough day.  I felt drained early in the day and I was out like a light by 10:00 p.m.  That is early for me. 

We got the first scholarship award letters out for the Arizona Adventist Educational Fund.  We awarded over $40,000 this initial year.  The awards were closer to $91,000, but we only had to impact the fund to the tune of $41,000 due to an Alumni Awards Foundation grant of $50,000 to benefit Worthy Students at Thunderbird Academy.  That was a blessing since it allows us to keep more in reserve for additional applicants this year and next.  It is amazing how God provided the funds we needed to assist students this year from sources that did not exist last year.  Even my boys are pitching in to the fund. 

In the haze of the past week, I forgot to mention that I got to see my daughter Amanda perform her first wedding ceremony last Friday upon my return from the family funeral in Idaho.  She did an awesome job!  She seemed confident and shared some very appropriate and personal words with the newlyweds.  I even took some mental notes for future reference.  God has gifted me with the privilege of seeing my ministerial gift pass on to the next generation.  I am so proud of my daughter!

As you may know already, my mother has been in and out of my home for the last couple of months.  Presently she is in residence, although she is itching to go back to Riverside where she can have access to more services that she needs due to her shoulder injury.  I sense she is beginning to feel her age and she does not like it one bit.  She is still trying to mother me—I guess that is what mothers do.  She tries to concoct healing potions and natural pills combinations to get me over my flu-like condition.  So far it hasn’t worked; or it’s working slowly with the only remedy that is fool proof.  I believe it is my wife Penny that tells me that she heard from a reliable source that Thyme is a sure-fire remedy for any flu/cold/cough/fever/etc.  I told her that what she probably heard is that “time,” not “thyme,” is what she was told will help you get over your sickness.  She was not amused!  I guess it is possible that “thyme” will help…over time.  Back to work—I have got to put in my thyme….

No comments:

Post a Comment