Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sleepless in Scottsdale

I realized last night that my day is not long enough to complete my tasks for the day.  I was falling behind more and more each day.  So I got up much earlier today and we’ll see what happens.  So far, it has been a productive pre-morning.  Perhaps my schedule will have to be designed in such a way that I begin my pre-day at the conference office before I go to TAA.

In any case, last night was very restless.  I could not go to sleep.  For those who know me best, they know that I can fall asleep anywhere and at any time without much effort.  But there have been two nights this week when I literally could not go to sleep!  The problem is circular since the harder you try to go to sleep the more likely you are to fail at it.  I was even tempted to go to work at about two in the morning since I was wasting valuable time!  Thankfully, I did not follow through on that self-threat.  I prayed for sleep and I got it soon after.

TAA pre-registration takes place this afternoon.  I have yet to interview one single Athletic Director.  We finally settled on a logo for the uniforms.  The schedule is almost there.  The uniform policy is close.  The handbook is not!  A major meeting is scheduled this evening between local church and school leadership.  Lots of prayers are needed!  But a lot of good things are taking place too.  We will keep doing what we do and trust that God will do what He alone can do.  The countdown continues.

               Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment