Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Direction

It is quite funny how quickly the days fly by. My last entry was on the second day of the year. Much has happened since my last entry. I was able to enjoy a lot of time with family at the beginning of the year. I took a junket of sorts through the Navajo/Hopi reservations in Northern Arizona. I preached at Show Low. I refereed an evening of class basketball games at Thunderbird Academy. I anointed a first cousin before he went in for surgery on a cancerous pancreas. I made a presentation on the state of Adventist Educational system in Arizona and the preliminary plans to change course.

The other significant change in direction that will somewhat affect my blogging patterns (more?) is a project I have undertaken after a few years in hibernation. I have decided to continue what I have termed My Legacy Bible project. I will continue my quest to give my family (present and future) the gift of a Bible written in my own words and from my perspective. I am hoping that simply knowing the person who transcribed the book will perhaps make reading it will become a double connection. It also gives me an outlet for my writing.

The backside is that it will definitely impact my blog time, I think. On the other hand if you would like to have me add you to my family list and send you these installments, chapter by chapter, as long as it takes me—well, I would be honored, albeit a bit nervous.

In any case, the wheels of change are beginning to churn. I am both excited and restless as the impending movements begin to gain some incremental momentum that will lead to the concepts eventually taking off. I try not to think about the possibilities for failure. I am, after all, a youth pastor masquerading as an educational superintendent. No fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment